To celebrate our 25th year acting and networking towards Social Inclusion of Young People, we wanted to put a spotlight on some of the ENTER Recommendation, a tool we often use to teach Young People about the Access of Social Rights.
ENTER Recommendation #11:
Improving gender equality (…)
The ENTER Recommendation developed by the Council of Europe suggests various measures allowing more access to social rights for young people from disadvantaged neighbourhoods. A part of this Recommendation focuses specifically on improving gender equality of young people living in these disadvantaged neighbourhoods.
SURF Project: Empowering Women
With this project, Active Youth aims at empowering women by boosting gender equality across communities in the participating countries/regions: Lithuania, Senegal, India and the Honduras. Using a training programme on “women protection & development”, the activities gathered/will gather youth workers & young leaders from EU & Partner countries for the different phases of the projects: a kick-off meeting, 3 job shadowings, 3 training courses and a final conference.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Identify the main threats and obstacles for gender equality within the participating countries.
- Develop skills and tools for the protection and development of women´s rights.
- Transfer these skills/tools to relevant groups (e.g. youth workers).
- Strengthen partnership between European and non-European organizations.
- Improve the capacity of the partners to protect and develop women´s rights.