On the 20th and 21th of May, around 7 000 young people from all over Europe were expected in Strasbourg, France for the second edition of the European Youth Event (EYE 2016) with one motto “Together, we can make a change”.
In total 18 young Y-E-N people coming from 7 european countries had the opportunity to discover the life of an european decision makers, while attending different seminars organised inside the Parliament. They could meet european politician and ask their questions, get inspired but also participate to open discussions. This was not all, hubs took place all around the Parliament in the YO! Village where participants could get information, discuss, debates about different big topics in which they were interested such as;
- War and Peace, talking about migration, refugees, peace-building, tolerance and respect, social cohesion.
- Youth Participation with topics such as youth participation to vote, youth empowerment, gender equality, non formal education, citizenship education etc.
- Exclusion or Access with topics such as quality jobs, youth guarantee, social inclusion, students unions, mobility, volunteering and disability rights.
- Stagnation and Innovation with topics such as youth entrepreneurship, creativity or even green jobs.
- Collapse or Success with topics such as climate change, sustainable development goals, fair trade, food waste etc.
- Health and well-being with topics such as mental health, diet, drugs and alcohol, sport and physical activities.
This week-end under the sun of Strasbourg, was also the possibility for those young people to meet each other, spend 2 days with friends in a different place, discover a new city, get inspired and hopefully get fresh ideas for the future.