The seminar “Final DestY-E-Nation” was the third and last activity of the long-term project “ITINERAR-Y-E-N: On the Roads of Social Inclusion of Young People”, which started in May 2014.
The seminar Final DestY-E-Nation gathered 28 participants coming from 13 different countries: Armenia, Cyprus, France, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey.
The long-term project “ITINERAR-Y-E-N: On the Roads of Social Inclusion of Young People” is a so-called “Work Plan”, financed by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe. The seminar Final destY-E-Nation was co-financed by the Erasmus +programme of the European Commission.
The aim of Final DestY-E-Nation was to get a final result out of the previous 2 activities of the Work Plan and to promote an Inclusive Society.
The objectives were:
- To analyse the data collected in the precedent seminars;
- To share, learn and collect good practices on social inclusion of young people based on experience and expertise of the young people and youth workers;
- To raise awareness on the impact of youth work as a tool to actively promote social inclusion;
- To Equip participants with knowledge, tool and info on Social Rights;
- To launch the campaign “Inclusion Express” as a possible follow up.
During 4 working days participants shared about their local activities on social inclusion of young people, got input on social rights and Human rights and participated in a public conference with local and European authorities, a member of the European Parliament and representatives of the Council of Europe. Moreover, participants had the opportunity to visited 3 organisations local organization who are working to foster social inclusion of young people in Strasbourg.
During this activity, Y-E-N launched the campaign “Inclusion Express” that will be the main mission of Youth Express Network for 2015 willing to empower young people to become social inclusion activists in the society.
Read the report here