News from our KA2 “EU4YOU – Entrepreneurship for cultYOUre”. At the end of last year, the partners of our capacity building activity all took part in the job shadowing phase, welcoming and sending their participants to their partners’ countries and organisations.
This long-term project aims at developing innovative complementary pathways for boosting employability of young people through social and cultural youth entrepreneurship and providing youth with tools to develop these initiatives. Over the months of October, November and December of last year, the 8 partners started the job shadowing phase of the project.
Each partner organisation both welcomed and sent 2 people to experience a job shadowing and gather content for the jointly developed toolbox. The job shadowers got to explore the various ways of implementing social and cultural entrepreneurship in the countries of the partnership: Argentina, Bulgaria, France, Greece, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru and Vietnam. You can read the various reports of these job shadowing on the website of the project.
YOUTH EXPRESS NETWORK – Job Shadowing in France
Youth Express Network received the visit of its two job shadowers from the 15th to the 26th of November. We were happy to welcome Thuy, from our Vietnamese partner Center for Sustainable Development Studies and Maximiliano, from our Argentinian partner Fundación Sustentabilidad, Educación y Solidaridad.
For them, we organised visits of local organisations and initiatives in the field of social and cultural entrepreneurship:
- Association L’étage, French member organisation of Y-E-N, social restaurant and shelter for homeless young people
- Week for equality and against discrimination, week-long event organised by the municipality of Strasbourg to raise awareness against hate speech and discrimination amongst children and young people (exhibition and educational activities)
- Libre Objet, organisation aiming at helping the professional (re-)insertion of people with fewer job opportunities (disabled people, young people, elderly, people recently out of prison…). Main activity: creation of useful and decorative objects using recycled material or objects out of order.
Read the full report of Thuy and Maxi here.
Emmeline (Y-E-N office) – Job Shadowing in Mexico
Emmeline, network coordinator of Y-E-N, was welcomed by “IIC-MX – Iniciativas Internacionales para la Cooperacion Mexico”, our partner of Mexico. She flew to Mexico city and got to visit 3 initiatives in surrounding states: Xalapa, Veracruz, Santiago de Queretaro, Queretaro and Santiago de Anaya, Hidalgo. See the full report bellow.
Margaux (Y-E-N office) – Job Shadowing in Peru
Margaux, communication officer at Y-E-N, was welcomed by the Brigada de Voluntarios Bolivarianos del Peru, our Peruvian partner. Her job shadowing allowed her to visit two main initiatives: a cultural and youth center in the capital ciy, Lima, and a very diverse initiative in the mountain city of Palca.
Our partners for this project are:
- Fundación Sustentabilidad, Educación y Solidaridad (Argentina)
- Active Bulgarian Society (Bulgaria)
- Business & Innovation Center of Serres (Greece)
- Active Youth Association (Lithuania),
- Iniciativas Internacionales para la Cooperación (Mexico)
- Brigada De Voluntarios Bolivarianos del Peru (Peru)
- Center for Sustainable Development Studies (Vietnam)
The next phase of this project will be to implement local workshops in order to disseminate the knowledge gathered from the beginning of the project, using the toolkit developed by the partners.