In January, Youth Express Network took part in the first partners meeting of the long-term Strategic Partnership project « Circular Economy for Youth » (KA2), in Athens, Greece.
The main aim of the CEYOU project will be to promote, connect and empower young people to engage in circular economy as a means to deal with the danger to the environment and climate change. Coordinated by Pontydysgu (United Kingdom), the partnership gathers 6 organisations coming from Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, North Macedonia and the United Kingdom.
The project aims at empowering young people to take positive actions and initiatives within their local communities, developing networks and exchanging practices at local, regional, national and European levels.
- Develop guidelines for the establishment of permanent forums for dialogue between youth organisations and local authorities to promote circular economy practices, and set up those forums.
- Develop and implement training programmes and activities for young people in the field of circular economy.
- Promote dialogue through bringing together Circular economy organisations and youth organisations on a European, national and regional basis.
- Develop and exchange Open Educational Resources (OERs) for young people to support them in facilitating Circular economy initiatives.
- Develop a mobile app to guide young people in setting up initiatives around the Circular Economy.